Our promise and values
Without our user’s trust and data security there is no business left to be had. This trust, values and secure work methods are embedded into our core – we value those even higher than profitability.
- We use your data responsibly
- We respect your privacy
- We make effort to keep your data safe using best practices
- We follow follow IT closely and keep our systems up to date
- We use strong encryption where needed
- Our servers are securely located in Finland
Cookies are small packets of data stored in the user’s browser that store information like user’s selections. These are needed by the site to display correct content requested by the user.
- What language you have selected
- What options you have selected
- What you have in the shopping cart
- Digital analytics ID’s
We have split the cookies we use into two categories: mandatory, utility cookies and analytics cookies.
These cookies are mandatory and are needed for the website to work properly.
|_cfduid||Cloudflare, security cookie to secure traffic behind shared IP’s||0|
|pll_language||Polylang, selected language on the site set by Polylang||0|
|Tracking Consent||Argnode, contains selected tracking level||0|
|WordPress, login data and session||0|
|WordPress, saved after leaving a commento that the visitor won’t need to re-type all their information again to leave another comment.||0|
|Woocommerce, shopping chart data and the database identifier to tie the session to the cart.||0|
Digital Analytics Cookies
These cookies help us analyze to develop our services.
|_ga||Google Analytics, used to distinguish users (2 years)||1|
|_gid||Google Analytics, used to distinguish users (24 h)||1|
|_gaexp||Google Optimize, used to store AB-test segment of the user||1|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Hotjar, heatmapping, whether user is included in the sampling||1|
What information is being collected?
In this section we have described what information we gather and when.
When you enter the site
When you enter the site for the first time, you will be shown a overlay prompting you about tracking and link to this document. If you clicked “read more”, Level 0 tracking was implemented.
- Single Google Analytics event and page view to track the tracking consent
When you log in
- Your tracking level will automatically be set to at least 2 to allow us to process your data.
- We add your pseudonymous user ID to Google Analytics hits, which allows cross-device analytics.
- No directly identifiable information is entered to analytics tools to protect your privacy
When registering or submitting forms
To process forms via Ninja Forms, we collect following information and store it into our database:
- First name
- Second name
- Email address
- Event data, like when was the form submitted
When ordering something
When you order something from our web store, we also need collect the following:
- Shipping address
- Billing address
- Contents of the order
We offer you three different levels of consent you can give us to handle your information.
Fully personalised user experience
- Google Analytics advertising features
- MailChimp marketing automation
Allows the usage of cookie-information for purposes like dynamic targeting of ads. This also allows 3rd party cookies like tracking pixels that might be implemented later but are currently not in use.
Usage data that can not identify you directly
- User is identified pseudonymously
- IP-based location to the precision to a nearest city
- Login information like email
- Information the the user has entered, for example physical addresses
- Cross-device analytics
Pseudonymous identification is needed to provide user customised content like page with previous orders. This data contains everything that the user has entered to the site.
When creating account or logging in the minimum level to use our services is 2.
Single user can not be identified from a single data source like Google Analytics. After determining the city, Google Analytics will destroy the collected IP-information.
Anonymous usage data, you can not be identified
- Basic anonymous data how site is used
- IP-address will be anonymised
- Mouse movement and click locations might be collected on certain pages
No information can be traced back to single user.
Only cookies that are necessary for the site to operate
- No personal or identifiable data is stored
- IP-Address is anonymised and never saved to disk
Google Analytics is loaded once when the overlay is shown, minimum anonymised implementation only to track the consent as required. After this all analytics are disabled.
Higher level automatically contains the functionality of the lower levels. There is also additional data from internal traffic of Argnode Ltd that does not apply to regular users.
Your privacy choices
Select how your data can be used
With this selection you can change what kind of data can be collected. Different levels are described above under the “What information is being collected?” section.
Your browser does not allow our analytics.
Who is collecting it?
Argnode is the data controller
All data is being collected by and for Argnode Ltd using companies and services listed in this article as data processors.
Argnode Ltd is the only data controller of registers and databases. You can find the data processors under the “How is it collected” and “Who has access to it?” sections.
How is it collected?
Google Analytics is used to gather anonymous user and session data like demographics, session duration and location of the nearest city. If logged in to our services, pseudonymous user ID may also be passed as a dimension to track cross-device usage of the site. We are using Google’s enhanced eCommerce tracking.
Google Optimize is an AB-testing suite that allows us to do split-testing on our website to serve different variations of content to different users and use Google Analytics to determine which content performs better.
HotJar is used to show surveys and build heat-maps of the site. This requires the capture of mouse-movement and click locations. This data can not be traced back to any single user.
Google AdWords will be used to track conversions, like submission of forms and checkouts at the store. This data is anonymous and will only be used to track the efficacy of our advertising.
Ninja Forms and MailChimp allow our email communications. They collect your name and email when you fill out any form on this website.
Why is it being collected?
Why we need tracking data?
Usage data like analytics data and heat-maps helps us to:
- Make data-driven decisions
- Offer better services
- Identify problematic content
- Follow in general how we are doing as a business
- Targeting content on our store and online marketing
MailChimp data is used to create emailing lists and may be used for marketing automation in the future. You will always be easily able to unsubscribe from our mailing lists.
How will it be used?
Analytics data is used to build dashboards to follow our own progress as a business and a content creator. It lets us evaluate the performance of our online-advertising and efficacy of our search engine optimization-efforts.
- Google Analytics data may be used for AB-testing on the site to develop the site’s usability.
- Analytics and AdWords data may also be used to build re-marketing audiences if allowed by the user.
Who will it be shared with?
Who has access?
Selected members of internal staff and external consultants under contract as data processors on need-to-know basis. Highest discretion will be used before sharing any data within or outside the company.
Our web-service provider is Wepardi (Int2000 Oy). They have technical access that is limited to our website related databases and bookkeeping.
Our analytics partner is Solteq Plc who have a limited, read-only access to our Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics data.
Tools: AfterShip has access to the shipment details of the items sent with a tracking number via Posti.
What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
How does tracking effect you?
- You can get better content in the site while we develop the site based on analytics and heat-map data
- You may see dynamic online advertising via personalisation of ads
- Currently we are not using personalised advertising
The Right to Rectification
The Right to be Forgotten
You may request deletion of your personal data
When we receive a request, we do our best to remove your information from our services. You can also request partial deletion from our refisters, for example removal of email address from a mailing list.
Please note that there is some data mostly related to bookkeeping that we must keep in order to comply with local laws. We also can not remove collected anonymous data as we can not determine the source of it.
For email, there is a unsubscribe-link attached to all marketing email we send. You can not unsubscribe from receipts, bills and personal email sent by staff.